Ron and Harry’s imaginary predictions for their Star charts in Divination which actually happen during their fourth year. - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Page 196)
want to start circling this around again, because I am still amazed by the fact that I managed to see this
Okay guys, I’m going to get serious for a minute.
If you’re not in Ireland at the moment, you may not know about the situation regarding the laws on abortion. It is completely illegal, even in cases of rape, incest, fatal foetal abnormality, and other such things.
Women have died in this country because inability to have an abortion put strain on their health. A woman who wasn’t even Irish begged for an abortion because her child was about to die in the womb. The complications arising from her case resulted in her contracting septicaemia, organ failure, and tragically dying.
In 1992, the X Case took place, involving a 14-year-old girl, knowns only as x, who became pregnant after being raped. Instead of offering help to the girl, who because suicidal, they prevented her from travelling out of the country for an abortion.
Any Irish woman* who needs an abortion has to travel to the UK, which means if you don’t have the money, you’re out of luck. What does the Irish Government have to say about this?
Well, recently the UN confronted the Government about our abortion laws, pointing out that we were breaking Human Rights laws, and that the Government treated Irish women* like vessels.
Joan Burton, the Tánaiste, said that there will be no referendum on abortion in this Government’s lifetime. They’re literally saying that they don’t care enough to rectify Human Rights breaches.
I am NOT a vessel, and neither are you. Make your voice heard. Come to the March for Choice on the 27th of September in Dublin.
Never give up, never stay quiet.
This has only been up since last night and LADS, the NOTES. Keep spreading the word!
I am Canadian, and I’m sorry to say until I read this I didn’t know anything about what you women were going through.
This is completely disgusting, I can’t even believe what you’re going through.
And I wish I could come out there and march with you.
But I don’t have the money so I can’t.
But I’m going to keep reblogging this, and sharing it.
And I hope all my followers will too.
This is important people, no matter what gender you are or what country you’re in, everyone deserves their basic human rights, and we need to stand together until this becomes a reality.
So please spread the word for these women.
Oh hey look, supporting cast for season 10
IS NO ONE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THE CHARACTERS THAT ARE LITERALLY THE ELEMENTS
CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT ADAM
WHO THE FUCK IS ADAM?
how do cats even work
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- The little tufts of hair in a cat’s ear that help keep out dirt direct sounds into the ear, and insulate the ears are called “ear furnishings.”
- The ability of a cat to find its way home is called “psi-traveling.” Experts think cats either use the angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses.
- One reason that kittens sleep so much is because a growth hormone is released only during sleep.
- A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human has 206. A cat has no collarbone, so it can fit through any opening the size of its head.
- A cat’s nose pad is ridged with a unique pattern, just like the fingerprint of a human.
- If they have ample water, cats can tolerate temperatures up to 133 °F.
- A cat’s heart beats nearly twice as fast as a human heart, at 110 to 140 beats a minute.
- Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do. Instead, they sweat only through their paws.
- The claws on the cat’s back paws aren’t as sharp as the claws on the front paws because the claws in the back don’t retract and, consequently, become worn.
- Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- Researchers are unsure exactly how a cat purrs. Most veterinarians believe that a cat purrs by vibrating vocal folds deep in the throat. To do this, a muscle in the larynx opens and closes the air passage about 25 times per second.
- A cat almost never meows at another cat, mostly just humans. Cats typically will spit, purr, and hiss at other cats.
- A cat’s back is extremely flexible because it has up to 53 loosely fitting vertebrae. Humans only have 34.
- Some cats have survived falls of over 65 feet (20 meters), due largely to their “righting reflex.” The eyes and balance organs in the inner ear tell it where it is in space so the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail have this ability.
- A cat can travel at a top speed of approximately 31 mph (49 km) over a short distance.
- A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s. And a cat can hear high-frequency sounds up to two octaves higher than a human.
- A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.
And that’s how cats work.
"We are petitioning to have the opportunity to choose what we see and feel safe in our decisions.
As an ally on behalf of the millions of rape survivors and their loved ones, please listen when I say that we are the men and women seen walking out of theaters mid-movie. We are the men and women demanding refunds. We are the true critics warning the public about film content. We are the men and women costing Hollywood money. Something is seriously wrong when films like Monster (2003) and Ted Bundy (2002) share the same warning preview as The Notebook (2004). How many more rape victims does it take for the MPAA to list two words?
We don’t live in a world where sexual violence is reserved for human beings over the age of 17. Please support the immeasurable number of survivors who don’t have the luxury of required parental guidance. We ask you to be mindful of where the darts are aimed at a film’s target audience.
By signing this petition you are advocating for this necessary change in the entertainment industry we so deeply love.
Thank you, and spread the word!”
We are huge fans of perfectly timed photos that capture perfect (and usually funny or unexpected) moments that come and go with a blink of the eye. The internet is abound with images shared by people who have captured images at just the right moment or from just the right perspective, so we wanted to share some more of them with you.
In which Elle Woods is smarter than Sam Winchester.
If we are going with the premise that Elle will be better than Sam at anything she puts her mind to because she is just that awesome, can you imagine how awesome at hunting, or at least research for hunting, she would be?
Just the thought of Sam’s pout upon meeting her makes me giggle.
I want this crossover at least 90% more than all the other crossovers.
We shall call it Supernaturally Blonde.
Supernaturally Blonde. Yes. I want it. Elle killing demons with a perky attitude.
OH MY GOD I DIDN’T KNOW I NEEDED THIS UNTIL NOW
I’M NOT EVEN IN THE SUPERNATURAL FANDOM ANYMORE AND I NEED THIS.
SHE’D SHOW UP TO A HUNT IN PINK KITTY HEELS AND RECITE THE LATIN FOR AN EXORCISM PERFECTLY AND HAVE A BEJEWLED SHOTGUN AND DEAN WOULD HAVE AN ANEURYSM
"You killed a tulpa by yourself?"
"What, like it’s hard?"
Can I ship her with Sam?
as long as she doesn’t sleep with him
we all know what happens to the girls Sam sleeps with